‘That would be my dream!’ – Sven-Göran Eriksson keen to manage Liverpool in charity match after terminal cancer diagnosis | 379S4Y6 | 2024-01-21 16:08:01

New Photo - 'That would be my dream!' – Sven-Göran Eriksson keen to manage Liverpool in charity match after terminal cancer diagnosis | 379S4Y6 | 2024-01-21 16:08:01
'That would be my dream!' – Sven-Göran Eriksson keen to manage Liverpool in charity match after terminal cancer diagnosis | 379S4Y6 | 2024-01-21 16:08:01

Sven-Göran Eriksson has acquired widespread help after revealing his analysis (Picture: Getty)

A defiant Sven-Göran Eriksson says he'll 'refuse to give up' after being recognized with terminal most cancers and would take up the decision to manage Liverpool of their charity match with Ajax should he get the call.

Last week, Eriksson, 75, revealed he may only have a year left to live in a 'best case' scenario and messages of support have poured in for the much-loved ex-England boss from across the soccer world.

The Swede, who also took cost of the likes of Manchester City, Leicester City, Benfica, Lazio and Roma throughout a distinguished 40-year managerial career, left his position as sporting director of Karlstad BK round 10 months ago, at the time citing 'well being issues' as the rationale for his choice.

Chatting with Sky News after the information broke, Eriksson defined how one in every of his largest footballing regrets was that he never acquired the prospect to manage Liverpool, the staff he has supported since childhood.

This has led to calls amongst Liverpool's fanbase for Eriksson to be given the nod to manage he LFC Legends once they take to the sector with Ajax at Anfield in March – an annual fixture that raises funds for the LFC Foundation.

'I didn't find out about that! I knew that I've a charity recreation in March and I'm invited to see that recreation. That may be great,' Eriksson informed ITV's Good Morning Britain when requested concerning the prospect of managing the Reds.

'There will probably be a variety of good soccer gamers there.

'That I ought to be their [Liverpool's] manager… no, I never heard that.'

The Swede is a lifelong fan of Liverpool (Picture: Getty)

Asked whether he would take up the supply, Eriksson replied: 'I might settle for, in fact!

'To teach Liverpool, that may be my dream.

'That's absolutely been my dream however I'm not complaining. I had a number of good football teams, nationwide groups and golf equipment, so I'm pleased anyhow.'

Eriksson took cost of England from 2001 to 2006 (Image: Getty)

Eriksson stated he meant to stay as normally as attainable and was still protecting fit on the health club despite the devastating analysis.

'You need to work with it and don't think about it 24 hours a day. Don't sit at residence and do nothing,' he added.

'Reside your life as regular as attainable, so long as you'll be able to, and that's what I'm doing.

'I refuse to surrender, I need to stay each day a traditional life.'

Borja Mayoral responds to Arsenal transfer interest

'He's got no right!' - Redknapp & Keane slam Rashford's goal celebration vs Spurs

Pep Guardiola wants Premier League rule tweak after injury to Man City goalkeeper Ederson

Eriksson went on: 'I can't run a marathon, no. But I can go to the fitness center and I can do exercise, as I all the time did in my life.

'I've individuals right here in my home, visitors, and it's normal kind of.

'I need to stay usually and the purpose of the rest of my life is to get up within the morning and feel okay.

'A lot of the morning I really feel okay. It's not good nevertheless it's nearly as good as I might be.'

<p>  <span class="mor-link" data-track-module="mor-link_article">  MORE : <a href="https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/15/manchester-united-news-gary-neville-reveals-erik-ten-hag-vulnerable-old-trafford-20113952/?ico=more_text_links" class=""  >Erik ten Hag&#8217;s position at Manchester United is &#8216;vulnerable&#8217; without a style of play, says Gary Neville</a>  </span>  </p>    <p>  <span class="mor-link" data-track-module="mor-link_article">  MORE : <a href="https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/14/micah-richards-hails-cole-palmer-identifies-best-position-chelsea-20111428/?ico=more_text_links" class=""  >Micah Richards hails Cole Palmer and identifies his best position after Chelsea&#8217;s victory over Fulham</a>  </span>  </p>  

For extra tales like this, check our sport page.

Comply with Metro Sport for the newest information on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

#would #dream #svengöran #eriksson #keen #manage #liverpool #charity #match #terminal #cancer #diagnosis #us #uk #world #top #news #HotTopics #TopStories #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/O4RpkMa Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.