‘I’m getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart’ – missing mum-of-one’s family target of sick trolls scam | KO47C80 | 2024-05-12 00:08:01

New Photo - 'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam | KO47C80 | 2024-05-12 00:08:01
'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam | KO47C80 | 2024-05-12 00:08:01

THE family of missing Esra Uyrun have told of how cruel trolls have attempted to extort money out of them with claims of where she is.

The 38-year-old woman was living in Clondalkin when she disappeared on February 23, 2011 — one week before her birthday.

'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam
'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam
The family of missing Esra Uyrun have been targeted by cruel trolls
'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam
'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam
Every February her sister Berna Fidan travels to Clondalkin and Bray to retrace Esra's footsteps.
Nick Bramhill
'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam
'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam
The 38-year-old woman disappeared on February 23, 2011

She had left home to get milk, with her car spotted leaving the estate by a neighbour at 7.20am.

The vehicle was later spotted in Bray, Co Wicklow at the waterfront, before quickly leaving and almost colliding with another car.

Afterwards it returned to the waterfront, and was locked, with Esra's purse in the boot.

Yet months later, her keys were found by a local takeaway owner back in Clondalkin.

And the CCTV images are not clear enough to see if it was actually her driving the car.

Every February her sister Berna Fidan travels to Clondalkin and Bray to retrace Esra's footsteps.

She said: "I just feel I am going into hell as I go there each time because it hurts when I am there.

"But I won't stop coming. I'm not going to stop coming until I find her."

However, throughout her searches, Berna has had to deal with people who are looking to take advantage.

She said: "Unfortunately I am getting messages that are disturbing… They break my heart when I read them because they tell me my sister's been trafficked, they're trying to extort money out of me.

"When I first received them I was in total shock because the automatic reaction is they're true."

She added: "To put us through (this), it is torture, absolute torture. You read it and everything becomes just a blur and you're thinking the worst — you're suddenly imagining your sister in that situation."

Baby joy

Esra was originally from London but moved to Ireland with her husband after they got a job here in 2006. In 2008, they welcomed a baby boy.

Her husband was the first to notice when she did not come home and contacted her family in England to see if they had heard from her.

But, with no sign of her returning, he called Gardai.

Esra had been due to welcome family, including her mother, in the coming days for her birthday.

This is why Berna feels that suicide would not have been an option for her.

Negative reaction

She told TG4's documentary Ar Iarraidh: "The reaction I got at the beginning from the Gardai, it was quite negative because Dad passed away a few months before my sister went missing.

"It was always suggested 'she has committed suicide because your father died.' And I said, 'my father's death was not unexpected.' Dad's illness went on for 20 years. Eventually his health had deteriorated quite severely."

In all her trips back to Ireland and all the appeals in the media and on Crimecall, there have been no answers. She said: "Everything is a mystery, it's like we are trying to put a jigsaw together but there's so many pieces missing."

She admits that the trips leave her feeling dejected.

'Try not to lose hope'

She said: "I travel to Ireland several times a year and normally travel back with a broken heart again.

"I try not to lose hope and the fact that the case is still open is a good thing. Because that gives me hope that something will come about eventually, if not this year, maybe next, maybe the year after, although I don't want it to go on for years and years."

  • AR Iarraidh — Esra Uyrun — Wednesday, 9.30pm, TG4.
'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam
'I'm getting messages that are disturbing & break my heart' – missing mum-of-one's family target of sick trolls scam
Esra pictured with her mum
#getting #messages #disturbing #break #heart #missing #mumofones #family #target #sick #trolls #scam #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Politics

More >> https://ift.tt/VjmcbO3 Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.